It’s the beginning of February, and I’m just now coming up with my goals for this year. (Please don’t judge me!) Here are my goals, in no particular order:
- Move my life to Wisconsin. It’s about darn time! I spend about half of home time, in Wisconsin. (When I say home time, I mean the few days a month that I’m not traveling the world.) It’s not going to be easy, especially with my schedule and her schedule, but it’s getting harder and harder to be away from her and our lives are coming together quickly. It’s going to be really hard to say goodbye to California, to my family, to everything that I’ve ever known. But I’m excited for what the future holds for us.
- Working harder on my blog. I want to revamp this whole thing! Instead of focusing on my depression, I want to focus more on my everyday struggles and life changes. This is a time in my life where nothing is staying the same, and I want to be able to document those changes, share my feelings, and show other people that it’s okay to not be okay with change.
- Continue with my education. If you’ve read my blog before, you know that I have started taking classes to (FINALLY) finish my college degree. I decided to take a break from school during the holidays, and honestly I need to continue that break. Working and spending half of my time in California and the other half in Wisconsin just doesn’t leave much room for studying, papers, and actually focusing on my education. Once I move, I plan on picking right back up where I left and hopefully finishing my degree in a couple years.
- Stop stressing myself out. I’m not perfect. I need to remember that. There are going to be times where I just can’t do everything. I need to learn how to ask for help and stop being such a control freak. The best part of having a partner is that I don’t go through anything alone, and yet I’ve been pushing her away because I think I have to be the one to handle everything. Definitely not the case.
- Enjoy my life. I’ve had so many years of struggles, frustrations, and just being downright sad all the time. I can’t control life’s curveballs, but I can control my reactions. It’s time for me to start living, to enjoy the little moments, and just be happy.
What are your goals for 2018? What are you willing to change to make this year your best year yet?